Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ice Cubin' It

{note this is 2 days old ... I'm such a blog slacker}

Strange title I know. I'm just trying to be cute. Anyway, the title stems from the Ice Cube song - It was a Good Day, because today, thank God, was a good day. I really wanted those, and I've wanted one for a while now.

True, there have been good moments in the past few weeks, and I've certainly been biding my time with shallow, materialistic gifts to myself (see a few posts down), but its been a while since I've had a truly fulfilling day. Now, before I go on, please realize that my main concern at this moment is my reader's worrying about my mental health and well-being. So while today was good and fulfilling, there's going to be no earth shattering news - just a positive journal for once.

Firstly, I spoke with Jo earlier, and while I don't have the details yet, she intimated that she may have a job . This may confuse some of the readers as to why this would make me happy, and I'm not going to go into detail here for her privacy's sake, but irregardless of our status and situation I don't want her living across the pond. So, finger's crossed this works out.

{update ... she got a 3 month contract job! Yay for Jo}

Secondly, I spoke with my mom today, who has been having some trouble with her job and commissions. And let me tell you, when a kid has to worry about his mother, it just seems to bring everything down. The amount of guilt and anger that one can have (one being me of course) from mixed up emotions of parent/child role reversal is quite disturbing actually, and my mom had great news today about her finances. I felt soooo much better after hearing that. Seriously, you have no idea how much of a burden was lifted.


Now I'm off to meet Ficali, Dub, and some friends for drinks. Yee haw. Its a good night to party in NYC.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Ficali McDelta (nee McPipe) said...

OMG that's fantastic news. Time for a proper catchup this friday methinks :). Can't wait!!
~FMP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home